The action is currently underway in Tullamore for our Minor Footballers
Dublin’s Minor Footballers are currently cruising in their final round game in this year’s Leinster Minor Football Championship. And if the run tonight continues they’ll finish top of the Group 2.
The boys in blue have already beaten Meath and Wexford comfortably as they vie for a place in the Championship Quarter Finals. So tonight’s result, barring a last minute comeback from Offaly, will put the comfortably at the top of the group.
In Round 1, they put last year’s defeat to Meath behind them as they cleaned house in their only home game of the round phase in Parnell Park. The 4-10 to 2-10 win saw Ryan O’Dwyer, Sean Kinsella, Luke Swan and Robbie Bolger all found the net. In Round 2, Jim Lehane’s men topped that with a more than convincing 3-12 to 1-10 victory over Wexford in Bellefield. Fionn Murphy and Bolger again were on target to raise green flags.
So the scene is set for tonight’s game in Tullamore, as the Dub’s are set to run unbeaten and onto the first part of the knockout phase on June 1st.
In Group 1, Laois are 1 point ahead of Westmeath and Longford so both qualifying place are to be decided. In Group 3 Kildare are safe for qualification, with Wicklow and Louth looking to secure the second spot.
There are two changes from the Dublin side that beat Wexford in Enniscorthy last week, with Eoin Gannon and Luke Curran coming into the starting lineup.
Dublin Starting 15 (v Offaly)
1. Hugh O Sullivan (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
2. Conor Tyrell (St Oliver Plunkett Eoghan Ruadh)
3. Ben Millist (Ballinteer St Johns)
4. Eoin Gannon (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
5. Alex Watson (Castleknock)
6. Senan Forker (Castleknock)
7. Jack Lundy (Ballinteer St Johns)
8. Harry Colclough (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
9. David O Dowd (Cuala)
10. Luke Curran (Westmanstown Gaels)
11. Sean Kinsella (Fingal Ravens)
12. Fionn Murray (Thomas Davis)
13. Dara Fagan (Clontarf)
14. Luke Swan (Castleknock)
15. Robbie Bolger (Ballymun Kickhams )